Just finished the arduous task of replacing all the capacitors on the board out of my office’s SNK Neo Geo MVS-6-25 cabinet. It’s a monster, roughly 16″x20″ and two boards stacked one on top of another. The top board is identified as NEO-MVH SLOT6, while the bottom is labeled with NEO-MVH MV6.
This monster board has a monster cap list, with a total of 39 capacitors required to totally fill it out. Thankfully they’re all labeled on board with which values go where (though voltages are NOT labeled so keep track!) The condensed list of everything I had to order is as follows:
3x 1.0μF 50v 12x 4.7μF 25v 2x 4.7μF 50v 1x 10μF 16v 3x 22μF 16v 1x 22μF 50v 1x 47μF 16v 5x 100μF 50v 2x 220μF 16v 1x 220μF 35v 6x 470μF 16v 2x 1000μF 16v
I didn’t follow my advice and failed to note what exact voltages went where, but kinda felt it out based on the quantities and locations… Risky, but it worked. I fired the board up to test and the newly potent audio circuits startled the hell out of me since I’d left the volume slider at close to maximum from its previous weakened state.
While working it over I noticed that a few caps have incorrect labels screened on the board. In particular there’s a pair of 4.7μF caps with 4.7K screened at their position as though they were resistors.
Also ran a set of leads from the old battery location so I can locate a new rechargeable battery offboard once I source one.